Monday, July 4, 2011

Favorite Musical Numbers: "Let's Call the Whole Thing Off"

Determined to post on here more!



I watched Shall We Dance (1937) not long ago and have been singing "Let's Call The Whole Thing Off" to myself (which, as you may imagine, is quite awkward) ever since. I've also been desperately wishing that I could skate or had any dance abilities, because I am totally jealous of Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers's mad skills. I think this is my favorite scene from any of the three films I've seen the pair in. Does is get better than dancing on skates? I don't think so.

But, really, who says "oyster" like "erster"?

2 comments:

  1. Shall We Dance is my FAVORITE Fred and Ginger film and this is probably my favorite scene (I do love "They Can't Take That Away From Me" though...) because it's so cool how they're on skates and the lyrics are hysterical!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these two, love the movie, love this scene! Thanks for posting the clip :)

    ReplyDelete